|Salary:||100000 to 105000|
|Contact name:||Caleb Lahue|
|Published:||6 months ago|
The Washington DC studio of the client, a national leader in commercial architecture, building repositioning, workplace, and healthcare thought, design, and practice, is seeking a senior-level Project Designer / Project Architect to work with local and regional leadership to design great projects, grow the practice, and have a positive and profound impact on the communities we serve.
A Project Designer / Project Architect is a licensed professional chiefly responsible for design excellence, technical quality, and project delivery and execution. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate mastery of these compulsories while at the same time having a passion for the following: mentoring the next generation of architects, leveraging design to enhance teaching and learning, instilling a sustainable mindset, and growing business through presentations, interviews, and cultivation of client relationships.
Project Designers / Project Architects at Stantec are responsible for:
• Leading project teams for the design, technical execution, and discipline coordination of the project.
• Collaborating with Designers and Project Managers to prepare internal project budgets, schedules, and work plans.
• Directing and coordinating internal team of interior designers, architects, engineers, and specialists to ensure faithful adherence to design intent, budget, schedule, and agreed-upon work plan.
• Directing and coordinating external team of consulting designers, engineers, and other professionals.
• Leading project coordination meetings with team members, contractors, and owners.
• Analyzing, interpreting, and applying applicable codes, regulations, and requirements.
• Coordinating regulatory submissions for permits and permissions.
• Collaborating with other designers to recommend building systems, materials, and details and faithfully executing the development of selected systems and details.
• Utilizing REVIT to model and document projects at all phases (conceptual design through construction documentation) in all areas of the work (site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections, details, schedules, etc.).
• Providing project leadership for adherence to design best practices including, principles of occupant health/well-being and high performance/sustainable design.
• Participating in and being accountable for the preparation of project specifications.
• Completing constructability reviews and assuring/controlling the quality of project/contract documents.
• Understanding basic construction cost estimating and value analysis.
• Participate in the bidding and negotiations phase and preparing addenda as required.
• Executing contract documents during the construction phase and informing the process in order to maintain adherence to the design intent, quality standards, and contract documents.
• Reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to requests for information, preparing observation reports, and completing other tasks associated with the construction phase.
• Mentoring junior staff to increase planning, design, and documentation capacity in them and the studio.
• Growing studio’s base of knowledge by sharing expertise through presentations to the studio and region.
• Participating in the winning of new projects including collaborating with others to develop capture strategies, developing fees, writing proposal collateral, interviewing with clients, and developing client relationships by participating in development meetings with clients, and participating in client conferences.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• A Project Designer / Project Architect is a licensed architect with a minimum of 7 years leading project design, detailing, and documentation and administering construction contracts. As can be inferred from the list of responsibilities, the candidate must be passionate about design; proficient in REVIT and other design/documentation software.
• Able to faithfully execute design intent while directing others to do the same.
• Able to effectively execute project documentation while directing others to do the same.
• Able to apply a host of codes and regulations to a variety of project types while directing others to do the same.
• Able to rigorously adhere to design and construction best practices including best practices in sustainable design.
• Able to mentor junior staff and grow the professional capacity of the studio and region; and willing to collaborate with leadership to market the firm and develop business.
• The ideal candidate is design-oriented, task-driven, well-organized, open-minded and curious, an excellent drawer, an effective communicator, a rigorous thinker, and accountable to their team, firm leadership, and, ultimately, the project and client.
• Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Architecture & Licensed Professional Engineer. Ability to meet NCARB requirements for licensure in other states.
Minimum 7 (seven) years of architectural experience.
- Project Manager (k-12)
Job location: Dallas Job salary: 125000 to 999999
PROJECT MANAGER For consideration, please subm...
- Project Architect- (K-12)
Job location: Dallas Job salary: 100000 to 999999
The Project Architect is responsible for the de...
- Architectural Interior Designer
Job location: Dallas Job salary: 70000 to 999999
Architectural Interior Designer Architectural ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs